FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ROYAL ARTILLERY HUNT INTER-HUNT RELAY
PROFESSIONAL PICTURES AVAILABLE.
John Eccles photography.
For more information contact:
The Royal Artillery Hunt relay confirmed its place at the top of the list this year with an even bigger and bolder course.
The North Cotswold Hunt won the day with some breath taking speed and agility over the 8 cross country style jumps.
They pipped The Wilton to the post, winning by 10 seconds on corrected time, and with two fewer fences knocked down.
Chef D’equipe and team captain Kate Mather was joined by James Dandy, Tabitha Rogers and Sarah Hall. (see Picture suggestion 8 below).
Twenty eight teams entered the fray, with many using the beefy course to practice for the Windsor Horse Show.
This year also saw the introduction of a Junior contest, for those aged 14 to 21.
This was won by Banwell Hunt Pony Club, beating Wilton Hunt Pony Club by 6 seconds.
Winners of the Best Turned Out competition were the Leaping Ladies sidesaddle team.
The two major sponsors of the event were the London based Honourable Artillery Company Saddle Club and Harness International LLP of Devizes.
Clever course design by John Hoare provided a bullfinch for the senior seeding round, but removed the bullfinch element to make it a brush fence for the junior competition, as well as a challenging hanging log over water.
Great Pictures from John Eccles are:-
- #33408 Col John Jago judging the Best Turned Out
- #33439 Andrew Edwards of the Avon Vale riding Daddy clearing the “Flower Box” fence
- #33461 Lance Bombardier Benney riding Mowgli clearing the Trakehner fence
- #33624 Warrior Armoured Vehicle providing a noisy backdrop
- #33635 Woody, with Catherine McGrail, aiming for the stars!
- #34031 Pippa Booth of the Side Saddle Ladies on Charlie
- #34485 Banwell Hunt Pony Club being awarded prizes by Col. John Jago
8: #34512 The victorious North Cotswold Hunt being awarded the Greer Trophy by Iain Greer & Bronwen Jones